…to the LBT Teen Impact Page! Our purpose is to impact the life of your teen(s) in the following ways:
- Give them a safe environment where they can learn and grow as an individual.
- Show them that they can have fun without doing something they will regret.
- Increase their sense of purpose and understanding as to how they are an important part of God’s plan.
- Encourage them to think about life after high school and equipping them to succeed.
- Instill valuable and practical life lessons and biblical principles.
- Most importantly we want to see these teens become Godly young adults who actually desire to serve God with whatever path they choose in life.
-Sunday 9:30 am
-Wednesday 7:00 pm
-These classes occur every week and are the foundation of the Teen Impact ministry. In other words, in order to achieve the impact listed above, the teen class is where to start!
-Friday activities occur throughout the school year and increase in frequency during the summer months. Join us for class to find out when our next Friday activity will occur!
Permission Slips/important documents – Teen events that require travel by church vehicle will always require a permission slip.
Download a form(s) for the following activites:
*note- it’s not listed in the registration and info packing list, however, we would like all the teens to pack an “overnight bag” which would include toiletries and two sets of clothing. This would prevent us from completely loading and unloading the U-haul on Friday morning/night and Saturday morning. Thanks!
The following forms are all required for Worldview Camp, there are a few but we want to be thorough and ensure you have a blast!
- 7/27- Goodbye party for Jenny and Jesus 6:30-9:00PM
- 7/29-/8/6- Worldview Camp in Lancaster, CA. Cost: $165
- Fundraisers will be announced on a weekly basis, please contact the church or attend teen class to learn the details!
-Events take place throughout the year and we will do our best to keep our calendar updated, however, there are times where events are made available last minute and the most sure way to be plugged in is to be at teen class!
-We never want money to be an issue for any of our teens! To ensure that nobody is hindered by cost, we have fundraisers throughout the year to make sure everyone has access to all activities. The cost for these activities vary from free to $350 but we have never had a teenager who put real effort into our fundraisers who didn’t raise the money needed!
-To stay updated more closely, please follow us on Facebook!
Teen Class Standards
We don’t ask for very much and you will see that what we do ask is not unreasonable by any means.
At all activities and classes please adhere to the following:
Leave your headphones, earbuds, etc. at home
– When your teen is here, we want them to be here! When you wear headphones it sends the signal that you don’t want to talk to anyone and you don’t want anyone to talk to you.
Avoid public displays of affection
– Hand holding, hugging, kissing, rubbing shoulders etc. A church activity is not date night! When you send your teen to our activities you don’t need to worry about this. If you want to bring your boyfriend or girlfriend we would love for them to be here, but while here, please observe this standard!
Watch the language!
– Come on! It’s church! This is an obvious one, but also be conscious of clothing with inappropriate language, pictures (nudity, promoting drugs or alcohol) etc.
- -BTW, using abbreviations which translate into innappropriate language is also not acceptable. I know I know I know, you didn’t TECHNICALLY verbalize the word, but if we know what it means it’s kind of the same thing don’t ya think?
Be smart with your cell phone
– There are appropriate times for phone use. If your teen ever needs to contact you they will be allowed to do so. During the preaching we ask for teens to put their phones away (unless there is a special situation) and during activities we will issue specific instructions with cell phones. Basically a cell phone shouldn’t distract or restrict anyone from participating!
– Last but not least. If it’s a physical activity please come dressed ready for that. If we have a water activity, like a water balloon fight, please wear a dark t-shirt and shorts (guys and girls.) For both guys and girls please don’t wear tank tops, short shorts (should come to the knee), or yoga/spandex pants (you thought that was a girl thing but…). We also ask that your young ladies do not wear low cut shirts. We ask this of the teens because we want them to be able to participate in all events, but even more so because we don’t believe teens can grow/learn effectively in a sexually charged environment. Lastly we ask for any hats/hoodies/beanies to be removed during the preaching. We believe it’s a basic sign of respect to remove head wear during the preaching and teaching.
What if these standards are violated?
– We don’t shame or make examples of teens. 99% of the time teens will adhere to the standards if we just ask them to. If they continually ignore these standards we may meet with the parent to see if any resolution can be reached through a joint effort.